13 stable releases
|1.5.0||Dec 22, 2018|
|1.4.0||Nov 4, 2018|
|1.3.4||Oct 11, 2018|
|1.3.0||Jul 17, 2018|
|0.0.0||Jan 11, 2016|
#11 in Audio
1,201 downloads per month
Used in 9 crates (7 directly)
This repository contains binding libraries for connecting to PulseAudio from the Rust programming language.
Three bindings are provided:
See the respective library sub-directories for details.
The bindings are based upon the public API of PulseAudio, as provided in the PulseAudio 'include' C header files. They provide:
- A basic export of the C API.
- For much of the API, simpler and safer interfaces to the underlying C functions and data structures, for instance providing wrappers for PulseAudio objects with drop trait implementations that automatically free the object upon going out of scope, ala smart pointers.
These bindings were not produced by the PulseAudio project, they were produced by an independent developer - Lyndon Brown.
All files in this source code repository, except as noted below, are licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL). (See file LICENSE-LGPL for details).
Whilst I am actually entirely open to MIT/Apache-2.0 licensing, LGPL was chosen simply because PulseAudio itself is licensed under LGPL, and I expect that this would be considered a derivative work, which blocks licensing this work under those licenses. Should PulseAudio itself ever relicense to MIT and/or Apache-2.0, it is intended that this source code repository will be relicensed to match. Should you have an exception from PulseAudio, licensing it to you under MIT and/or Apache-2.0 licensing, then you may freely consider that to apply here also.
The files within the 'includes' directory, have been copied directly from the PulseAudio source. These files are kept for development purposes only (to be compared through diff checking against future versions to find changes that may need propagating into new versions of this binding library). To be clear, they are not used in any compilation processes. They are licensed under LGPL by the PulseAudio project.
The binding libraries provided in this source code repository have been built upon the public API of PulseAudio, as described in the PulseAudio 'include' files, with documentation in particular largely copied from those files. These bindings may be considered derivative works under the PulseAudio license. PulseAudio itself is licensed under LGPL version 2.1+. These bindings, as specified above, are under that same license.
The logo image files are a combined derivative of the Rust programming language icon and the PulseAudio icon, taking core elements from each.
- includes/ - A copy of the original C header files the bindings have been built to interface with.
- pulse-binding/ - The main high-level binding library.
- pulse-binding-mainloop-glib/ - The high-level binding library for the GLIB mainloop.
- pulse-binding-simple/ - The high-level binding library for the PulseAudio 'simple' component.
- pulse-sys/ - The main raw C API interface library.
- pulse-sys-mainloop-glib/ - The raw C API interface library for the GLIB mainloop.
- pulse-sys-simple/ - The raw C API interface library for the PulseAudio 'simple' component.
- src/ - A dummy binary crate, creating a Cargo workspace, depending upon all library crates, such that they all build efficiently together to the same target directory (including documentaton).